Position Title: Account Manager – Commercial Business Unit
Function: Sales / Training
Territory : Ontario
Looking for applicants residing in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Under the authority of the Regional Sales Manager, the Account Manager – Commercial Business Unit will identify, develop and manage new and existing markets for Yokohama products which complement existing company clientele. The Account Manager will also demonstrate products and services to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers
- Coordinate and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Coordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management, accounting, distribution and technical service department
- Develop and present product knowledge seminars to existing and prospective customers
- Participate in trade shows and convention
- Analyze potential of existing and prospective customer’s
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy to maximize return on time invested within given territory
- Forecast tire needs for assigned territory in business plan
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, and competitive activities
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Keeps abreast of advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services areas
- Participate in tire warranty resolution process
- All other related functions
- Hold a College Diploma in a related field
- Minimum than 3 years' experience in sales
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas
Competencies and Skills
- Exceptional prospecting, presentation, training, and sales abilities
- Understanding of business operations
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong time management / planning and executional skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills
- Superb problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask
- Proficiency with technology - MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Collaborative team oriented mindset
- Willingness to travel within the province the Prairies (MN/SK)
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Be passionate about the automotive industry
- Ability to work in a continually changing environment
- Have a valid driver's license
- Experience in the automotive Industry or transportation industry will be considered as an asset
- Knowledge of the commercial tire industry in Canada
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus program based on sales and profit achievements
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Defined contribution Group RRSP program
- Competitive vacation package
Yokohama is a ‘Rebel with a Cause’. Our ultimate purpose is to get Canadians to understand that there is more to tires than they think, that not all tires can adequately help them to master Canadian roads, and ultimately to encourage drivers who crave intelligent performance to take the lead and discover what a Yokohama tire can do for them.
As an organization we are purpose driven to find better solutions in a “sea of sameness” and we’re not afraid to defy convention to get there. The values that underpin our company are bravery, ingenuity, determination, and collaboration. Our approach leaves our people, business partners, and the consumers of our brand feeling empowered and exhilarated.
Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. is a wholly owned sales and distribution subsidiary of Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. (YRC) a leading global manufacturer of rubber products since 1917 which is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc., founded in 1984 currently employs more than 70 people across Canada with corporate headquarters in Langley, B.C. and 3 regional offices/distribution centers across Canada.
WE ARE DYNAMIC AND AMBITIOUS!
WE ARE A MOTIVATED TEAM driven TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY IN THE TIRE business.
If you are passionate about the automotive industry, joining the YOKOHAMA (Canada) team means joining a challenging and exciting work environment. Whether the position is located in one of our offices, on the road or in our distribution centers, working at YOKOHAMA means that you will share the strength of our corporate culture.
YOKOHAMA. TAKE THE LEAD.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume indicating the job posting Reference Number, 2018_19 to email@example.com