YOKOHAMA LIMITED WARRANTY
PASSENGER CAR, TEMPORARY SPARE AND LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
This Limited Warranty (WARRANTY) is a promise of replacement under certain specified conditions. This policy applies to original equipment tires used in normal highway service displaying warrantable conditions and does not require the existence of a manufaturing defect to qualify for an adjustment. This is not a warranty that your tire will not wear out, fail or become unserviceable if neglected or mistreated.
1. WARRANTY ELIGIBILITY
This warranty applies to every YOKOHAMA passenger car, light truck and temporary spare tire bearing the YOKOHAMA brand name and complete DOT serial identification number. Eligible tires must be used on the vehicle on which they were originally equipped in conformance with the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations.
2. WHAT IS WARRANTED
Tires that have become unserviceable for reasons other than the following will be replaced in accordance with this warranty.
- Road hazard injuries or damages, caused to the tire by obstacles and debris on the highway such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears or impact breaks.
- Improper repairs or repairs that have failed.
- Under or overinflation, or other abuses.
- Incorrect mounting of the tire, or tire/wheel imbalance.
- Mechanical irregularities in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment, worn or faulty parts.
- Accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire or damage caused by nature.
- Tires used on vehicles in racing or special applications.
- Non-speed-rated temporary spare tires used over 80 km/h
- Tires worn out [1.6mm (2/32 inch) or less of tread remaining].
- Tires that have been retreaded.
- Tires transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally equipped.
If a warrantable condition is found, tires will be replaced as follows:
A) Passenger Car and Light Truck Tires (Other than Temporary Spare Tires)
When a tire becomes unserviceable during the first 25% of original usable tread depth or 12 months from date of vehicle purchase, whichever is to the customer's benefit, it will be replaced with a comparable new YOKOHAMA tire free of charge. Other service charges such as tire rotation, alignment or applicable taxes are payable by the customer.
When a tire has worn past the above specified period for free replacement, the customer must pay for the cost of a new comparable YOKOHAMA passenger or light truck tire on a pro-rated basis. The dealer shall determine this cost by multiplying the percentage of usable tread worn by YOKOHAMA "Customer Replacement Value" (C.R.V) at time of warranty replacement. C.R.V. is a reasonable approximation of current replacement cost to the consumer. The cost of mounting, balancing and any other service charges or applicable taxes are payable by the customer.
The tire is covered by this warranty for the life of the original usable tread (the original tread depth down to the level of tread wear indicators molded at 1.6 mm or 2/32 inch) or for 48 months from the date of vehicle purchase, whichever comes first.
B) Temporary Spare Tires
When the original tread of a YOKOHAMA Temporary Spare tire used in temporary highway service on the vehicles in which it was originally equipped, is worn not more than 0.8 mm or 1/32 inch, the tire will be replaced with a new YOKOHAMA Temporary Spare tire free of charge, without charge for mounting and balancing the new tire. Additional service charges are payable by the customer.
Temporary Spare tires worn in excess of 0.8 mm or 1/32 inch but less than 1.6 mm or 2/323 inch, will be replaced and the customer charged 50% of the current retail selling price of the tire. The costs of mounting, balancing and any other service charges are payable by the customer.
3. LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS
All implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of this written warranty.
All obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use or any other incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded. Some provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation or incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply.
4. YOKOHAMA'S OBLIGATIONS
Replacements qualifying under the warranty will be made by an authorized YOKOHAMA retail tire dealer. Listings for participating dealers may be found at yokohama.ca
5. CUSTOMER'S OBLIGATIONS
The customer must present the claim tire, together with the vehicle on which it was used, to an authorized YOKOHAMA retail tire dealer. Tires replaced on a warranty basis become the property of YOKOHAMA TIRE (CANADA) INC.
The customer is required to pay the adjusted price of the new tire (C.R.V. at the time of adjustment less credit allowance) and taxes. The customer is responsible for any payments arising out of dealer services such as mounting, balancing, tire rotation and alignment, unless specifically included in the applicable warranty.
To obtain the free-replacement warranty, the customer must present proof of vehicle purchase date either by the new vehicle invoice or license registration.
6. LEGAL RIGHTS
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which may vary from province to province.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
All tires require owner maintenance regardless of how well a tire is constructed. Operational damages such as punctures, impact damage, cuts, incorrect inflation, etc., may cause tire failure and subsequent personal injury and/or property damage. Simple operational and maintenance practices, as listed below, will reduce the chances of tire problems.
Visually inspect your tires frequently for any abnormal conditions such as scrapes, bulges, cuts, nails, uneven wear, etc. resulting from operation. This must be done immediately after any known or suspected contact with an object on the road, a pothole, road irregularity or after severe braking. Refer these conditions to a reputable tire service center for repair or replacement. Never drive on a tire if such conditions appear.
Never exceed the maximum vehicle load limit listed on the vehicle specification plate. Be aware of the load carrying limits molded into the tire's sidewall and do not exceed those limits. Maximum load can only be carried at the maximum cold inflation pressure indicated on the tire's sidewall.
Regardless of the speed capability of your tires, never exceed lawful speeds or speeds dictated by driving conditions.
Objects on the road that threaten a tire should be safely avoided. These objects are potholes, glass, metal, rocks, wood debris and the like. Unavoidable contact should prompt a thorough tire inspection.
Air pressure maintenance is critical to tire life. Tire pressures must be checked frequently when tires are cold (before operation, cool to the touch) and no less than once per month and before extended operation. Use a tire gauge to check pressure and maintain it per the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations (on vehicle placard or in owner's manual). Do not reduce pressure when tire is hot and do not inflate a cold tire higher than limits molded on the tire's sidewall. Do not overlook spare tire inflation pressure.
Tires must be replaced when the depth of the tread reaches 1.6 mm (2/32 inch). YOKOHAMA tires are manufactured with tread wear indicators molded in the tire grooves which indicate tread wearout. As tires approximate 1.6 mm (2/32 inch) wearout, the tread gauge becomes thinner and more vulnerable to the effects of road hazards. Visual tire inspection therefore becomes more crucial as the tires wear out.
You must inspect your tires after any hard braking circumstances or after tires have slid on the pavement. This can cause a flat spot in a tread section of the tire.
Do not allow tires to spin at speeds greater than 35 mph if vehicle becomes stuck. Do not stand behind a spinning tire while attempting to push a vehicle. Speed and force can cause a tire to disintegrate and explode and may cause property damage and personal injury.
Recommended Tire Rotation
Front and read tires perform differently and consequently YOKOHAMA recommends tire rotation to insure even wear and lengthen tread life. In the absence of the vehicle manufacturer's instruction, YOKOHAMA recommends that its tires be rotated very 12,000 km for normal applications.
A) SERIOUS INJURY MAY RESULT FROM:
- Tire failure due to under inflation, over inflation or overloading - follow owner's manual or tire placard in vehicle.
- Explosion of the tire/rim assembly due to improper mounting - only specially trained persons should mount tires.
B) THERE IS DANGER IN INSTALLING A TIRE OF ONE RIM DIAMETER ON A RIM OF A DIFFERENT RIM DIAMETER.
- Always replace a tire on a rim with another tire of exactly the same rim diameter designation and suffix letters. For example a 16 inch tire goes with a 16 inch rim. Never mount a 16 inch size diameter on a 16.5 inch rim.
YOKOHAMA TEMPORARY SPARE TIRE
HIGH PRESSURE SPARE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail due to improper maintenance or device factors. Tire failure may create a risk of property damage and serious or fatal injury. For your safety, please follow the instruction below.
- The Yokohama high pressure spare tire is designed for temporary use only and must not be used continually as a regular tire.
- Avoid driving over obstacles that may damage the tire through impact or cutting, such as potholes, glass, metal, etc.
- Speed must not exceed 80 km/h for non-speed rated Temporary Spare tires.
- A tread life of up to 4,800 km can be expected depending on road conditions and your driving habits. To conserve tire tread life, the spare should be returned to the trunk as soon as the standard tire can be repaired or replaced.
- Because the YOKOHAMA high pressure spare tire was specifically designed for your car, it should not be used on any other vehicle.
- Do not use snow chains on your YOKOHAMA high pressure spare. This could cause damage to your vehicle.
- When the tread wear indicator appears on the tire, replace it only with the same type spare tire.
- Check the tire's cold inflation pressure monthly and maintain at 4.2 kg/cm2 (60 psi) even when not in use.
- The YOKOHAMA high pressure spare tire should not be used with any other rim nor should standard tires, wheel covers, or trim rings be used on the YOKOHAMA high pressure spare tire rim which was originally installed.