Work schedule is from Monday to Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (full time).
Under the authority of the Warehouse Manager, the Forklift Operator is responsible for receiving and shipping, stock transfer between BIN locations, and inventory count.
- Operating a Forklift
- Loading loads to our customers
- Unload products from our suppliers and stack on metal racks (hand bombing)
- Maintain clean work area
- Lifting, raising, bending, and pushing
- Must be able to lift 70lbs, repetitively
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Class 1,2,4 & 5 Forklift License
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Stand-Up Reach, Sit-down counterbalanced forklifts
- High School Diploma
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Competencies and Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- High level of accuracy with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork skills
- Good attendance history
- Bonus program based on sales and profit achievements
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Defined contribution Group RRSP program
- Employee Tire Purchase Discount
- Health Club membership contribution
Yokohama is a ‘Rebel with a Cause’. Our ultimate purpose is to get Canadians to understand that there is more to tires than they think, that not all tires can adequately help them to master Canadian roads, and ultimately to encourage drivers who crave intelligent performance to take the lead and discover what a Yokohama tire can do for them.
As an organization we are purpose driven to find better solutions in a “sea of sameness” and we’re not afraid to defy convention to get there. The values that underpin our company are bravery, ingenuity, determination, and collaboration. Our approach leaves our people, business partners, and the consumers of our brand feeling empowered and exhilarated.
Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. is a wholly owned sales and distribution subsidiary of Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. (YRC) a leading global manufacturer of rubber products since 1917 which headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc., founded in 1984 currently employs more than 70 people across Canada with corporate headquarters in Langley, B.C. and 3 regional offices/distribution centers across Canada.
WE ARE DYNAMIC AND AMBITIOUS! WE ARE A DYNAMIC TEAM DRIVEN TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY IN THE TIRE BUSINESS.
If you are passionate about the auto industry, joining the YOKOHAMA (Canada) team means joining a challenging human relations environment. Whether the position is located in one of our offices, on the road or in our distribution centers, working at YOKOHAMA means that you will share the strength of our corporate culture.
JOIN US.YOKOHAMA. TAILORED TO PERFORM!
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to HR@YOKOHAMA.CA